Lambeth Country Show
This weekend Saturday 16 — Sunday 17 July 2011 11am-5pm, as you may be aware, is the fabulous Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park, Herne Hill
I know its not Camberwell strictly speaking but its reach is wide and dubbed ‘South London’s premier summer event’.
If you’ve not been before it features live music, food, drink information on Lambeth and other agencies’ work, information on local charities, farm animals, a flower and vegetable show, country displays such as sheep shearing and of course owls. Well worth a visit! More information is available on the Lambeth website
Get Set Southwark: Southwark celebrates a year to go to the start of the London 2012 Games
And more directly of relevance to Camberwell next weekend, 23 July 2011 12–5pm, is an event on Camberwell Green marking one year to the Olympics with activities including
- Southwark Community Games with a full day of sports activity
- Give it a Go Village, where local clubs will demonstrate their sports
- Butterfly Ballroom, showcasing dance and music
- Libraries summer reading challenge, this year all about circuses
- The Big Swim at the Camberwell Leisure Centre pool, round the corner
- The Amazing Southwark Gymnasts and their daring displays
- Groundwork Southwark Spots vs Stripes.
In addition there be the usual monthly farmers’ market operating.
Further information on the event is available on the Southwark website