After a successful launch last year, Camberwell Market (not to be confused with Camberwell Farmers’ Market) is back on the Green this Sunday, 23rd April, from 11am to 5pm. There’s a mostly new line-up of stalls, including (descriptions provided by the market management):
- Serious Hashbrowns—a brand-new venture from Daniel Mntungwana of Love Walk Cafe, serving up Gourmet Hashbrowns (from a converted horse box!)
- Daddy’s Japan Soul Food—scrumptious, authentic Japanese street-food.
- Meltsmiths—mouthwatering grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Books-Peckham—beloved and hugely popular book stall returns!
- Fashion Clicks—playful, fun, quirky, inspired vintage/retro fashion.
- And many more.
It’s great to have the market back for the summer. I still think, however, it would be good if the Saturday and Sunday markets could merge—it would make for a much better destination. I’ve heard there are regulatory reasons why they’re separate, but I’d still like to see it.